|Franciscan Ministry of Peace Info Handout||Car-Pax-Info|
Car Pax Ministry
CAR PAX MINISTRY
FRANCISCAN MINISTRY OF PEACE
PUROSE: To aid the homeless and poor in our area with necessities.
WHY: A way to comfort others in need and share peace in an active way.
HOW: Adults are invited to carry in their cars, the CAR PAX which they can share when approached on the streets, especially at lights and intersections.
- People pick up Car Pax at designated area.
- Distribute as alternative to money,
- These are not to be distributed on Church Property.
How are Pax Created:
- Talk with Youth Group about the need for such an item.
- Invite the Youth to bring in on a rolling basis the items placed in the Car Pax.
- Pax created during the Lenten season.
- How long the Pax last.
- Decide on the future of the Car Pax and Faith Formation involvement.
WHAT IS IN A CAR PAX:
MEN CAR PAX
White men’s T-shirts
Any personal size hygiene item
(inc. disposable razors, toothbrushes, etc.
Individually packaged moist toiletries
Single servings bottles of water
Rain ponchos (dollar store)
Face cloths (dollar store)
Sheet with resources and phone numbers for help
WOMEN CAR PAX
(Personal item products which include toothbrushes
and items appropriate for women.
Other items mentioned above
For Youth Ministry project
- Collect items which could be placed in large zip-lock bags.
- Store these items either in the Choir Room or in the Youth Center.
- Have them available in the church in a box or barrel for people to take and place in their cars to distribute.
- This could be a one time project or an ongoing project during the months where part of a Wednesday, once a month could be used to create the CAR PAX.
For more information contact: Louis Canter OEF at 4076005607 or email@example.com